Emergency Surgery Course (ESC)
The ESTES/AAST Emergency Surgery Course will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia on 5th-6th May 2023, immediately before the European Congress of Trauma and Emergency Surgery.
ESC Conflict of Interest Disclosure Forms
The ESC® (joint collaboration between ESTES and AAST) aims to aid surgeons in non-trauma emergency surgery by providing the know-how and the decision-making skills necessary for daily practice. The course consists of theoretical sessions, case scenarios and state-of-the-at videos. The course is especially designe in an interactive format from the beginning until the end.
The course is divided into two parts:
- the first consists of several theoretical, didactic sessions, designed to provide the basic steps for adequate and timely diagnostic and decision-making
- the second, video-based, designed to provide tips and tricks to improve the skills of the general surgeon to deal with surgical emergencies.
In sum, the ESC has the following goals:
- Confront surgeons with every day and problematic emergency scenarios
- Provide concrete answers and guidelines for questions emerging from these situations
- Hone the decision-making skills necessary to manage pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative issues
“We provide two days of emergency surgery education that include:
- Breakout sessions
- Case discussions
- Topic reviews
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal sepsis
- Bowel obstruction
- Colorectal emergencies
- Acute cholecystitis
- Obstetric emergencies
Interested in holding an ESC at your institution? Contact email@example.com for more details!